Friday, June 7, 2024

Oldhammer Dwarf Swivel Gun

 It’s been a while since I’ve posted anything, but that doesn’t mean I haven’t been busy. I’ve been slowly plodding away at various projects that I’ve always wanted to paint. My Projects of Shame are doing pretty well, but I also wanted to paint a few things that were either half completed or on my long term list.  

First up, a Dwarf Swivel Gun team. 





 I’ve had two of these kits since way back in high school when we were playing Warhammer 4th ed.  I can’t remember where I purchased them, but the models were cool and I wanted to use them.



 Back then, they weren’t in the Dwarf Army book (these were originally a 3rd ed unit), and couldn’t find any types of rules until I flipped through my Realms of Chaos book, and they had a unit listing for Chaos Dwarfs swivel guns.  I used those rules in a game against Le Coq Fou and his orc and goblin army.   Let’s just say….they were under pointed and over powered!  Two swivel gun teams just mowed down goblin units, boar boys, and chariots.  It was ridiculous. I also think that was the last time the swivel guns saw the battle field.  

Either way- I had quickly painted both units just to get them on the table, and the paint jobs were not good.  




here’s my first repainted unit with a side by side of on of the original paint jobs saved for posterity.  


I still have to decide the paint color scheme for the second swivel gun team, but it’s great to have the first team painted and ready to take the battlefield. 

1 comment:

  1. Love the refurbished swivel gun team, really nicely done.

    ReplyDelete