Saturday, April 8, 2023

Eltharion

 One of my guiding themes in my current hobby projects is going back to my favorite GW battle reports or pictures from White Dwarf or other books, and trying to either recreate the shot, or play the scenario. 

This, of course, requires collecting and painting the figs!

One of those figs is Eltharion, the High Elf Prince on a Griffon, that appears in the starter scenario of my beloved Warhammer Fantasy Battle 4th edition boxed set.  Eltharion was included as a "standee" - card-stock picture of the character that represented the figure, along with Grom (goblin chariot), Orc Stone Thrower, and Elf Bolt Thrower. 

It occurred to me the other day that I had all of those actual miniatures painted, except Eltharion. I was close!  I scored a huge deal when I purchased an entire high elf army at a flea market, and Eltharion was included.  He was already painted and needed some fixing (tail broke off, properly pin the wings, etc.), but it was a perfect start. I didn't need prime him and I could quickly paint over the existing paint job without losing much detail. 

I think I spent more time repairing the model than I did painting it.  Anyway, here he is!  Now I just need to finish the rest of the High Elf army and I can re-fight the Battle of Maugthrond Pass.






1 comment: