Saturday, April 8, 2023

Necromunda Redux

 Back in the 90s, one of my favorite games was Necromunda.  We played that game a lot. I had a large Orlock gang, but my color choices weren't great for that gang.  Plus, the Orlock's had some of those...subpar plastic miniatures available to them. 

Not only that, but the 90s "red era" plagued the Necromunda painting and scenery that was displayed in White Dwarf.  There was a disconnect for me with Necromunda, the Underhive, and these brightly painted gangs.

Fast forward 30 years (yikes!) and there's a niche area of the hobby that took the inspiration of Blanchitsu style painting and super-charged it with the deep dark areas of 40K.  Combination of the Inquisitor game setting with Necromunda - Inq28 (there's also AoS28 - love that too). 

I was fascinated by this style of painting and thought if I ever decided to resurrect my Orlock gang and "fix" the horrible color choices, I'd try it in that style.  And it's a chance to heavily convert figures, too.


Here is my foray into this style of hobby.  I took two of the horrible plastic sculpts, converted them a bit, and went to town.  I really enjoyed this - although it's trial and error and I am quite the novice.









No comments:

Post a Comment