Thursday, November 20, 2014

Dutch Battalion War of Spanish Succession

Finally completed my first unit for some historical wargaming. These are 6mm Dutch War of Spanish Succession (WSS) from Baccus miniatures. I love the sculpts and they're super easy to paint.

I need to touch up the flag but this was good enough to take a picture.

Dutch!

I painted these up as a battalion from the Coehorn/Coehoorn regiment (there's multiple spellings).   The flag was a struggle...had to touch up at image with my expert MS Paint skills, then photocopy/shrink it a few times to get it down to the right scale.  I'll eventually touch it up with some paint.

The figs are based to work with Maurice, on 25mm square bases, two of them make up a "base width" in Maurice for a 50mm frontage, and two "BW's" make up a unit.  So four 25mm bases will be one unit in Maurice when we play. This also gives me flexibility to use the bases in other small-scale rulesets. It's doesn't look as good as single 50mm wide bases but i wanted the flexibility.

This is my first official foray into historical wargaming and i'm no longer a "pretender". I've dabbled with a few other ideas (15mm Mexican American War, 15mm WW2, 10mm Russian Civil War) but never got around to actually painting up some figs. Feels pretty good to get something accomplished.




No comments:

Post a Comment