Sunday, December 16, 2018

World War 1 Update (and other news)

It's been a while since the last post, and lots of things have changed.  The biggest thing is that we moved to a new house and with it comes my long desired dedicated wargaming room! I'll post more pictures of that later.

Recently I've been focused on finishing the World War 1 10mm gaming project, specifically getting the Germans completed.   Here are a few work-in-progress shots.

All figures are 10mm Pendraken.

Below are the artillery - I was trying to determine which location for the base (front, middle, or rear).  I went with front.

Next two pictures are basic infantry stands ready for their ink wash.  I follow the tried-and-true method from Le Coq Fou.  Paint them lighter colors, with impressionisting highlights, then seal them with a gloss varnish, then apply AP Dark Tone ink. Provides the shading and really looks great.  Especially at the smaller scales.


Two more stands ready for ink.

Most of the German Infantry ready for ink. This includes the stands that represent the stosstruppen (storm troopers)

These two were my test stands for infantry.

Here are two shots of the Germans and French lined up across from each other in the new gaming area.  Once the German artillery and MGs are complete, I think I will finally have enough painted to host a game of Take Action.


Eventually I will create some trenches and craters.  Haven't decided if i'm going to make custom modular boards or purchase pre-made trenches.  We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment