Sunday, September 13, 2009

Cadian Infantry

UPDATED:
re-cropped the pix below.

Had a chance to take some additional pics. Hopefully better lighting this time. Completed first half of a Cadian Infantry Company. These figs are old, out of production Imperial Guard Epic Space Marine line, circa 1990. They might actually be Cadians which would be great luck for me. My plan is to field a Cadian IG army painted in the same color scheme as my current 40K Cadian IG army. We'll be playing using the most recent Epic Armageddon rules, including errata and updates.

Again, these are fairly high resolution pics, so you can click on the pic for a close up. These figs aren't painted up to my normal standards, but since that "standard" usually equals "never finished", I opted for "good enough" just to get 'em on the battlefield.



Had some trouble selecting a suitable color for the bases. The 40K army has light "Desert Yellow" bases, but at the epic scale the color is too similar to the khaki camos; not enough contrast.



After some consultation with Le Coq Fou, I experimented to different shades of gray and light drybrushing. I settled on the combination in the pics.

Once I finish the other 6 infantry stands, I'll have a complete infantry formation (minus the command stand). Then I'll move onto some Leman Russ tanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment