Sunday, September 13, 2009

Space Wolves

UPDATED:
re-cropped the pix below.

While rummaging around my basement I found some of my other Epic 40K figs that I had painted up a number of years ago.



This was back when I had to paint two full armies of Space Marines and Orks for the early demonstration games I ran at various conventions for the Epic 40K release. We typically received the boxed set about a month before it was released (sometimes only two weeks), and had to paint both armies in the box and master the rules within this time-frame.



As you can imagine, speed was the name of the game, not quality painting. After that, run lots of demos at various stores and answer everyone's questions about the new ruleset.



Originally, I tried painting a mostly white and very light-blue custom Chapter, but I just didn't like it. I switched to Space Wolves about halfway through, which was much easier to paint quickly. They have just enough detail to show off the models, and I was pretty pleased considering the short window I had to paint two armies. Pleased enough to put them on the Internet, I guess.

Great?

Hardly.

Good-enough?

Yep.



The Librarian was the only figure I spent any actual time picking out detail. The model was very detailed for 6mm epic scale, and I figured it was worth a little effort to make him stand out.

Having played a number of games using Epic 40K rules, I'm anxious to try out the Epic Armageddon rules.

My rummaging also uncovered some Warmaster armies that I had painted up when I was running demos for that game's release. High Elves and Undead. I'll include pics of those in a later post.

No comments:

Post a Comment