Sunday, December 1, 2013

Fall-In 2013 Lancaster

On Friday and Saturday Nov 15 & 16, Le Coq Fou and I went to Fall-In 2013, the historical wargaming convention that occurs annually in Lancaster PA.  It's run by the folks at the Historical Miniatures Gaming Society who run some of the biggest and best wargaming conventions in the country.

We got there mid-day on Friday and went right to the "flea market" area, known as Wally's Basement.  You can find great deals on used figs, games, scenery & all kinds of stuff, such as these lizardmen swarms:
"I hate snakes"
I managed to pick up an old pewter Steam Tank sealed in the original box. and some 4th edition Empire Crossbowmen.  I'll post a picture of them later.
We then headed over to the vendor area to spend too much money.  Got a lot of nice jungle scenery, a few back issues of Wargames Illustrated, and took a look at some halberds from Old Glory:
I want these halberds
The folks at Old Glory are really helpful and were totally willing to sell me just the halberds from this pack if I placed a regular order.  I will be doing that in the near future.

We walked around to check out some of the other games.  This convention always has a "theme" which guides the programming of the convention. They'll have speakers, workshops, and the majority of the games run will be based around the theme. This year's was “1813 The Niagara Frontier in Flames”.








Then we walked past an interesting looking sea wargaming table and they had an open seat.  I sat down and joined the game just as it was starting.  It ran about 3 hours but it felt like 60 minutes.  An interesting ruleset called "Form On the Admiral's Wake".  Easy to pick up and fun to play.






I'll finish with the rest of the games in a follow up post.

No comments:

Post a Comment